Schneider Engineering, Ltd. (Boerne, Texas) is seeking a Geographic Information Systems Professional.
The candidate will be required to perform complex spatial analysis with the ability to convey the information in a concise and meaningful manner in support of company requirements.
- Responsible for QA/QC and data entry into various client GIS systems.
- Updating and maintaining existing GIS models across numerous platforms.
- Reporting field data to engineers and clients via dashboards, web apps, PDF, etc.
- Create and implement standards for quality of geographic data.
- Approach projects with an attention to detail and a focus on accuracy to ensure achieving quality standards while meeting production schedule.
- Utilize effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to communicate effectively with team members.
- Review ongoing progress, schedules, and budgets for assigned projects.
- Meet deadlines within a defined production schedule.
- Interpret regulations, plats, as-builts, field notes and other documents both for accuracy and use in GIS.
- Provide internal and external customer service.
- Identifying value adding activities and best practices as they pertain to GIS mapping and data management.
- Importing/Exporting data from multiple formats for consumption within GIS platform.
- Ensuring all changes/updates to services and data in production are documented, tested, and approved by users.
- Keeping well-informed of technical changes and innovations in GIS and Computer Science.
- Formal training or 1 year experience with ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.
- Solid computer skills and abstract thinking ability.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Online Applications; Survey 123 and Collector.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required to work with technical specialists and a diverse user community including field personnel.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Preferred but not required experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems.
- Experience with distribution and transmission systems.
- A competitive compensation package will be offered based on your industry work experience and knowledge.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent with $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to a Health Savings Account
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered
- Paid Holidays
- Starting at 3 weeks PTO with rollover
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus based on Performance