Schneider Engineering, Ltd. (Boerne, Texas) is seeking a Geographic Information Systems Professional.
The candidate will be required to perform complex spatial analysis with the ability to convey the information in a concise and meaningful manner in support of company requirements.
- Develop processes for field data collection and automation routines for reporting field data to engineers and clients via dashboards, web apps, web apps, PDF etc.
- Create and implement standards for quality of geographic data.
- Providing GIS data management support for ArcGIS Online account.
- Assist in adapting existing survey equipment to work with ArcGIS online and other ESRI platforms.
- Responsible for QA/QC on data entry into various client GIS systems.
- Approach projects with an attention to detail and a focus on accuracy to ensure achieving quality standards while meeting production schedule.
- Utilize effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to communicate effectively with team members.
- Review ongoing progress, schedules, and budgets for assigned projects.
- Meet deadlines within a defined production schedule.
- Exercises high level of independent judgment and initiative in review of various GIS needs
- Interpret regulations, plats, as-builts, field notes and other documents both for accuracy and use in GIS.
- Provide internal and external customer service.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by recommending potential improvements to existing policies and procedures.
- Identifying value adding activities and best practices as they pertain to GIS mapping and data management.
- Importing/Exporting data from multiple formats for consumption within GIS platform
- Ensuring all changes/updates to services and data in production are documented, tested, and approved by users
- Training staff on customer-facing esri products
- Independently lead and manage mapping projects
- Keeping well-informed of technical changes and innovations in GIS and Computer Science.
- 3 years’ experience and proficiency with ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.
- Solid computer skills and abstract thinking ability
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Online Applications; Survey 123 and Collector.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required to work with technical specialists and a diverse user community including field personnel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Preferred but not required experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems
- Experience with distribution and transmission systems.
- A competitive compensation package will be offered based on your industry work experience and knowledge.