Schneider Engineering is seeking an Electric Distribution Designer in our Transmission and Distribution Division located in our Boerne, Texas office. The position involves drafting and design opportunities on medium voltage, overhead and underground power lines. The ideal candidate will complete these tasks in a professional, technically correct manner in accordance with company standard formats and policies.
- Assist in the production, assembly, and processing of Schneider Engineering CAD drawings.
- Execute with proficiency Schneider Engineering CAD standards and operating procedures in AutoCAD to efficiently produce project drawings.
- Maintain accurate filling and documentation of record drawings.
- Review drawings for accuracy, completeness, and correct spelling on documents and project drawings.
- Maintain a high level of competency with AutoCAD and other SE tools to be applied in the production of drawings.
- Share expertise and suggest improvements in the process or techniques with others on the drafting team to increase their overall effectiveness.
- Coordinate with Engineers to ensure all information required is included on the design drawings in a clear and understandable format.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to pick up new programs and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform accurate, consistent and detail oriented work
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or Diploma in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design preferred.
- Two years of related experience preferred.