Schneider Engineering is seeking a System Planning Technician in our Systems Planning Division. This position will be located in our Boerne, Texas office.
With oversight from engineers, the Engineering Technician will assist in utility system planning tasks in a professional, technically correct manner in accordance with company standard formats and policies.
- Assist with creating and updating Excel worksheets
- Preparation and updating of maps in AutoCAD and ESRI
- Assist in electric system analysis using modeling software (training provided)
- Assist with preparation, printing, and assembly of system study books. This also includes printing and folding system maps.
- Assist other Divisions with CAD and technician support as needed
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
Preferred but not require Experience:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics, biosystems engineering, mathematical science, physical science, or related science.
- AutoCAD experience
- ESRI ArcMap experience
- PLS-CADD design software
- Electrical Power System Analysis & Operation Software
- Overhead transmission or distribution line design experience.
- High voltage or medium voltage substation design experience.
- Experience with electronic staking sheets.
- Previous electric utility experience.