Schneider Engineering, Ltd., is seeking an experienced Human Resources Assistant to join our team.
The Human Resource Assistant will work direction with the Human Resources Director and will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department and is responsible for supporting and carrying out various Human Resource programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, certifications, and documentation to include electronic and paper files.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists in the recruiting process to include posting open positions, managing various recruiting websites, mining for candidates, working with external recruiters, attending job fairs, scheduling and preforming candidate interviews, etc.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Ensures compliance with State/Federal required notices and postings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Human Resources role
- Valid driver’s license
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.