Seeking detail-oriented, creative designer with experience drafting and developing designs for distribution projects.
The position is located at our Boerne office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the AutoCAD Designer consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review field notes and prepare CAD plan and profile drawings using hand sketches and or transit shot information.
- Coordinate with field personnel concerning questions or missing items.
- Prepare KMZ files and download image files from TNRIS website, as required.
- Prepare TXDOT permit drawings, acquire ROW maps as needed, coordinate with engineer to ensure ROW lines are properly drawn.
- Prepare plan and profile drawings using design guides, GPS coordinate information, and staking sheet information including proposed pole height and framing information.
- Perform design calculations, estimates and statistics using industry tools and methods.
- Maintain good project documentation, including calculations, telephone conversations, design decisions, rationale and filing copies of all pertinent information.
- Attend project meetings as necessary to coordinate design and address any issues.
- Quality control project work to maintain the expected standards for project deliverables, including CAD work ensuring accurate scales, proper spelling, proper formatting, and completeness.
- Share expertise and suggestion improvement on the process or techniques with others on the design team to increase overall effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with key personnel with whom project work is interfaced with.
- Perform administrative duties as required from time to time including mailings, office supply and documentation reproductions.
- Complete timesheets daily with project summaries in the invoicing standard format. Prepare by deadline, accurate and complete invoice letter write-ups for project work in accordance with the Company’s standard format.
- Various other duties as assigned
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical) or Computer Aided Drafting or GIS; basic understanding of 4kV to 345kV construction design; familiarity of electric utility best practices
- Required: Associates Degree in Drafting or Design; Possess technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in engineering programs, project management, spreadsheet, and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking
- This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered
- Paid Holidays
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.