Schneider Engineering is seeking detail-oriented, creative designer with management and electrical drafting experience.
This position requires prior experience and knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical and entails maintaining standards and libraries of AutoCAD Electrical and management of drafting group for substation projects from 4kV to 345kV.
The position is located at our Boerne office.
- Lead a team of drafters.
- Develop, implement and maintain AutoCAD Electrical for Substation Division
- Maintain standards of all computer-aided design and drafting of all engineering products and deliverables for division.
- Collaborate with engineers and lead other drafters to prepare designs and correct discrepancies in drawings and designs.
- Typical drafting is that of plan and profile drawings for:
o General Arrangements
o Plan Views and Elevation Views
o Grounding Plans and Details
o Foundation Plans and Details
o Cable Trough/Conduit Plans and Details
o Foundation Layout Plans
o Importation of tables and calculations such as BOMs and creating notes to be applied to each drawing.
o Steel Structure Fabrication Drawings
o Concrete Foundation Detail Drawings
o Oil Containment Detail Drawings
o Metal Grate Platforms Detail Drawings
o Fire Wall Detail Drawings
- Check work performed to ensure its accuracy before turning it over to the supervisor or designee assigned to review the work.
- Understand & meet project schedule and quality requirements.
- Complete drawings accurately and efficiently.
- Detailed and quality-oriented.
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and maintain flexibility to changes in work assignments as changes occur in projects.
- Actively assist in the delivery of a complete project. This may include phone or e-mail correspondence, attending meetings, and other project documents required for project completion.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of advanced electrical and structural engineering concepts as they impact civil-structural designs
- Associates Degree in Drafting; 3-5 years’ experience AutoCAD Electrical; possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in project management, spreadsheet and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
- This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent with $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to a Health Savings Account
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered
- Paid Holidays
- Starting at 3 weeks PTO with rollover
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus based on Performance