Schneider Engineering is seeking an analytical, detail oriented, creative Civil Engineer with proven success in design and project coordination for electrical substations or transmission / distribution lines. The successful candidate will design, schedule resources, and lead technical efforts for electrical substation, transmission, or distribution projects.
The position is located at our Boerne office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
- Create civil-structural project scopes, estimates, budgets, designs, schedules and perform calculations for substation, transmission, or distribution projects.
- For substation projects, emphasis is on foundations and civil site work. As well as the ability to read, understand, and create civil engineering drawing packages associated with the physical layout of a substation, specific to the creation of foundation and structure designs.
- For transmission / distribution projects, emphasis is on make-ready pole loading analyses, design of structure foundations, and analyzing new and existing steel, concrete, and wood structures using modeling software.
- Oversee the work of junior staff and mentor designers/drafters.
- Collaborate with senior civil engineers to create best practices, quality assurance, and processes and procedures.
- Collaborate, communicate, and liaise effectively with other design disciplines, colleagues, construction contractors, consultants, materials suppliers, and clients.
- Ability to interpret written specifications and implement them on engineering drawings.
- Visit sites, advise on civil and structural engineering issues, and modify design to solve issues during construction
- Provide general project management capabilities to coordinate staff, assign tasks, and accomplish projects in an efficient manner
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation and review of proposals and contracts for the civil-structural scope
- Support design needs for permitting activities
- Manage budgets and project schedules
- Work independently and Team-Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of advanced electrical and structural engineering concepts as they impact civil-structural designs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: Masters Degree in Engineering; 7 years’ experience in civil engineering for electric substation or transmission / distribution engineering; Professional Engineering Certification
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering form an ABET accredited program; PE Certification; 7 years’ experience in civil engineering for electric substation or transmission / distribution engineering; possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in project management, spreadsheet and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
- This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent.
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%.
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered.
- Paid Holidays.
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover.
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account.
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.