Schneider Engineering, a growing and dynamic consulting engineering firm located in Boerne and College Station, Texas, is seeking a Design Engineer to join our Transmission and Distribution Engineering Division.
Transmission and Distribution Engineers will work on overhead and underground transmission and distribution projects for our utility and industrial customers across the region. The position will include preparation of construction drawings and staking sheets, 3-dimensional pole loading analysis, design specifications, construction estimates of cost, and GPS staking coordinate files.
The position is located at our Boerne, TX office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering.
- CADD experience.
- Driver’s license.
Additional qualifications desired, but not required:
- Overhead transmission or distribution line design experience.
- High voltage or medium voltage design experience.
- Experience with PLS-CADD design software, Electrical Power System Analysis & Operation Software, and/or GIS products such as ESRI.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with electronic staking sheets.
- Previous electric utility experience.
The fundamental responsibility of this position will be to deliver quality engineering for projects and other activities.
Employee Benefits Package:
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered
- Paid Holidays
- Starting at 3 weeks PTO with rollover
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus based on Performance