Schneider Engineering is seeking a detail-oriented, creative designer to draft and develop designs for electric utility distribution projects. No experience needed; we will train you!
This full-time position is located at our office in Boerne, Texas and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Designer I Trainee consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review survey field notes and prepare CAD plan and profile drawings using hand sketches and or transit shot information.
- Coordinate with field personnel concerning questions or missing items.
- Prepare KMZ files and download image files from TNRIS website, as required.
- Prepare TXDOT and County permit drawings, acquire ROW maps as needed, coordinate with engineer to ensure ROW lines are properly drawn.
- Prepare plan and profile drawings using design guides, GPS coordinate information, and staking sheet information including proposed pole height and framing information.
- Maintain good project documentation, including calculations, telephone conversations, design decisions, rationale and filing copies of all pertinent information.
- Develop plans for subdivisions and multi-family developments.
- Attend project meetings as necessary to coordinate design and address any issues.
- Quality control project work to maintain the expected standards for project deliverables, including CAD work ensuring accurate scales, proper spelling, proper formatting, and completeness.
- Share expertise and suggestion improvement on the process or techniques with others on the design team to increase overall effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with key personnel with whom project work is interfaced with.
- Perform administrative duties as required from time to time including mailings, office supply and documentation reproductions.
- Complete timesheets daily with project summaries in the invoicing standard format. Prepare by deadline, accurate and complete invoice letter write-ups for project work in accordance with the Company’s standard format.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Aided Drafting or GIS; basic understanding of 12.47kV to 34.5kV construction design; familiarity of electric utility best practices.
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent; Possess technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Preferred: Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in engineering programs, project management, spreadsheet, and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking
- This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered
- Paid Holidays
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.