Schneider Engineering, a growing and dynamic consulting engineering firm located in Boerne and College Station, Texas, is seeking an Electrical Engineer (System Planning) to join our team.
The successful candidate will contribute to a multi-disciplinary team within the division to complete System Planning projects. The role involves clearly communicating with all project stakeholders. Position will be located in our Boerne, Texas office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Planning Engineer consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Represent Schneider and Client when meeting with other stakeholders including property owners, other engineering firms or construction services.
- Effectively communicate with Client(s) in a timely manner for assigned projects, representing Schneider; all Client inquiries should have a response back to Client within 48 hours of request
- Understand and reference Employee Handbook policies to ensure division is following specific guidelines of the Company. Administer performance reviews for team as directly assigned.
- Ensure adherence to Client standards to develop detailed scope and engineering plans for projects. Prepare scope of work and budget to be presented to Management.
- Review monthly files and oversee monthly updating of system load data by administrative staff. Monthly reports to include: KVA peak summary, min/max voltmeter, voltage regulator operations, capacitor operations and monthly substation
- Participate from start to finish for Two-Year Construction Work Plans and Long-Range Plans. Including preparation of drawings, visual aids, reports, engineering studies, databases, analysis studies, diagram maps, system improvements, and amendments. Assist in scheduling and budgeting requirements for planning projects.
- Preparation of Environmental Reports from start to finish including managing schedules, Client communication, mitigation measures, environmental reporting, board reporting and final submissions to RUS.
- Prepare various studies for Distribution and Substation departments including system sectionalizing studies, device coordination and settings, fault location settings for relays.
- Prepare Load Forecast Studies.
- Assist with supporting analysis for CCN applications.
- Prepare service supply plans for new consumer and subdivisions, including oil/gas development.
- Prepare Arc Flash Assessments. Provide recommendations to the Client with regard to safe working distances, PPE and best practices for operating equipment.
- Coordinate with field personnel as needed to gain information or complete projects.
- Serves as technical specialist for the division on advanced concepts, principles, and methods.
- Keeps informed on new developments within the industry, requirements affecting the business due to new developments and proposes recommended changes to Management for business continuity
- Accountable for the resolution of technical engineering conflicts that arise from assigned team
- Maintain good project documentation, including calculations, telephone conversations, planning decisions, rationale and filing copies of all pertinent information.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with key Client personnel with whom project work is interfaced with.
- Complete timesheets daily with project summaries in the invoicing standard format. Prepare by deadline, accurate and complete invoice letter write-ups for project work in accordance with the Company’s standard format.
- Various other duties as assigned
- Preferred: Preferred: Prior industry experience.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program; Possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in engineering software, project management, Microsoft Word and Excel applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent.
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%.
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered.
- Paid Holidays.
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover.
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account.
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.