Schneider Engineering, LLC is a progressive and growing engineering consulting firm serving over 50 electric utility companies across the State of Texas. Schneider Engineering was established in 1991 by O.W. Schneider, the Company’s founder. O.W.’s goal was simple: “Schneider Engineering will deliver positive project outcomes and create satisfied, long-term Clients.” To accomplish this goal, Schneider Engineering provides high-quality business consulting and engineering services in a professional and Client-focused manner. Schneider Engineering is seeking a qualified individual for their business consulting divisions located in College Station, TX to support our electric utility clients. Candidates must be enthusiastic about working with Clients to develop solutions, seeing projects through, and being part of a team.
- Assist in request for proposal (RFP) processes from issuance to contract execution.
- Assist in evaluating generation projects, including fossil fuels, nuclear, and renewable projects, for potential participation by utilities.
- Assist in performing Cost of Service and Rate studies for utilities.
- Assist in developing and monitoring annualized Power Cost Adjustment (PCA) or Power Cost Recovery Factor (PCRF).
- Assist in reviewing annual revenue requirements and preparing necessary rate adjustments to meet revenue targets.
- Assist in preparing financial forecasts.
- Assist in developing and maintaining statistical data models and provide monthly reports for utilities.
- Develop and maintain positive professional and personal relationships with key Client personnel with whom project work is interfaced with.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other Business related fields or Engineering related
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional research skills, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Excellent writing skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to excel working on self-managed tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Comfortable in multitasking on time-sensitive tasks without diminished quality of work
- Valid driver’s license
Additional Skills and Qualifications desired, but not required:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Political Science or other related fields
- Advanced training in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of electric utilities