Schneider Engineering is seeking a detail-oriented, timeline driven project manager with experience in managing EPC projects for Transmission & Substation projects.
The position is located at our Boerne office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
- Serves as the project leader responsible for the safe and quality delivery of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up activities of the project, including the development of an Execution Plan and project schedule, the implementation of the AWP process, resource management and coordination, cost management and forecasting.
- Holds financial responsibility for the management and projections for Engineering, Procurement and Construction cost activities to include all Engineering activities/deliverables, all Procurement activities (material, equipment, and subcontractors), all Construction activities (cost performance) activities, and all Start-Up activities (material, equipment, subcontractors, deliverables and cost performance) activities.
- Delivers effective communication to all internal and external customers (Project Team, Owner, Partners, Vendors, etc.), including reporting regarding performance metrics and progress related to Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Start-up.
- Coordinates and leads Project review meetings with the owner and/or partner(s).
- Reports monthly, or as requested, to the Owner, EPC Project Management Committee (if applicable) and Projects Group Management.
- Plays a major role in the Project’s Business Development activities related to the customer, vendor and partner.
- Plays a major role in coordinating proposal development activities during EPC Project bidding phase including execution planning, scheduling, cost preparation, procurement planning, contract review and negotiations.
- Preferred: Masters Degree in Engineering; Professional Engineering Registration; 5 years’ experience in managing large EPC projects.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; 5 years’ experience in managing large EPC projects; possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. PE license or PMP certification.
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in project management, spreadsheet and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent.
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%.
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered.
- Paid Holidays.
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover.
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account.
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.