Schneider Engineering is seeking a senior engineer in our Substation Engineering Division. Position will be located in our Boerne, Texas office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
- Assist in the performance of engineering tasks as required on substation relay and control projects. These tasks may include but not be limited to major equipment design, current schematic designs, relay protection scheme design, relay settings, SCADA system design and integration, report preparation, and equipment specification preparation.
- Assume substation project management responsibilities as assigned to include but not be limited to assistance in preparation of construction plans and specifications, letters, observation reports, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining good project documentation. This will include documenting design calculations, telephone conversations, design decisions and rationale, and providing copies of all pertinent information to SE files.
- Attend substation site visits as needed. Assist with installation and integration of relaying and communication equipment.
- Attend project pre-construction meetings and progress meetings with utility as required.
- Coordinate the maintenance of project record documents to include archive of original engineered drawings as specified by Schneider Engineering, LLC. practices.
- Assist in project management related tasks to include project scheduling and project correspondence.
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Texas PE or the ability to get registered in Texas
- 8- years + experience in substation protection and controls design
- Experience with SEL relays
- Experience with design of distribution relay settings preferred
- Experience with design of transmission relay settings is a plus
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered
- Paid Holidays
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.