Schneider Engineering is seeking an organized and experienced trainer to join our organization. The trainer will be responsible for hiring, training, and deploying electrical distribution and transmission field designers.
Responsibilities include evaluating needs and current practices and creating and delivering a training development plan complete with materials, tutorials, instructions, learning resources, and on the job training at project sites.
The position is located at our Boerne office and will require some overnight travel to project sites.
This role is performance-based with an incentive-based compensation structure where compensation is earned or vested, in part, upon successful training, development, and deployment of field designers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the hiring process.
- Develop onboarding programs for new employees.
- Evaluate and monitor employee skills and performance.
- Monitor and present employee performance.
- Consult with supervisors and managers.
- Design and implement training programs.
- Plan and schedule training sessions.
- Prepare educational material such as module summaries, videos etc.
- Conduct seminars, workshops, individual training sessions etc.
- Train, coach, mentor and support new employees.
- Manage training budgets.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Required: High school diploma; 3 years’ experience as a trainer, corporate training specialist, or related position; Understanding of various teaching methodologies and tools; Familiarity with electric utility best practices; Understanding and experience with electrical distribution and transmission construction and design; Experience using RTK GPS survey equipment and total station survey equipment; Possess technical problem-solving skills and ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking; Confident public speaker
- This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent with $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to a Health Savings Account
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered
- Paid Holidays
- Starting at 3 weeks PTO with rollover
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus based on Performance