Schneider Engineering is seeking a self-starting, technical expert with experience in managing design and construction for Gas Insulated Substation projects. The candidate should have experience in the areas of air/gas insulated substation engineering & design from the 13kV to 500kV levels, specifically within the Substation Physical discipline. Candidate must be a hands-on problem solver with the technical inclination to discern complex data and work as part of a growing team.
The position is located at our Boerne office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
- Prepare/create construction documents for the installation of new, or modifications of existing, electrical high voltage substations. Work includes bill of materials, yard layouts, plans, sections, and electrical details as well as basic structural and ground grid design. All work done to applicable CAD and engineering standards.
- Basic application of major equipment, such as power transformers, power circuit breakers, disconnect switches, VT/CT’s, arrestors, control house, and other high-voltage substation related materials
- Provide engineering and construction support for projects
- Clearly communicate and coordinate project activities with project engineer and others as needed
- Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to less experienced staff members
- Take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of work product
- Expert level skills with AutoCAD® and/or MicroStation
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; 8 -10 years’ experience physical design of air and gas insulated substations for a utility or engineering firm. Licensed PE in Texas with the ability to become licensed in other states as needed.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; 5 years’ experience physical design of air and gas insulated substations for a utility or engineering firm; possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in project management, spreadsheet and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent.
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%.
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered.
- Paid Holidays.
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover.
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account.
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.