Schneider Engineering is seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst. The candidate will be required to perform complex spatial analysis, database design, and convey information in a concise and meaningful manner for internal and external users.
- Responsible for QA/QC of data entered into various Client GIS systems (NISC, Futura, Partner, ArcFM, AEGIS).
- Update and maintain existing GIS models across numerous platforms (ArcGIS Online, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro and Client GIS systems mentioned above).
- Develop new GIS interfaces for field and office collection and consumption based on needs of end user.
- Basic GIS Programming/Scripting in Python. Read and make modifications to existing scripts.
- Create and maintain map/feature services through ArcGIS Online/Portal, ArcGIS Server, and other platforms.
- Responsible for digitization, conversion of non-spatial data, editing, and standardization/compilation.
- Organize and structure spatial data files on servers and in various database types as well as maintain data versioning as needed.
- Provide internal and external customer service.
- Ensuring all changes/updates to services and data in production are documented, tested, and approved by users.
- Keeping well informed of technical changes and innovations in GIS and Computer Science.
- Approach projects with a high attention to detail and a focus on accuracy to ensure achieving quality standards while meeting production schedule.
- Utilize effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with team members.
- Review ongoing process, schedules and budgets for assigned projects.
- Meet deadlines with a defined production schedule.
- Complete timesheets daily with project summaries in the invoicing standard format.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field with a specialty in GIS.
- 3+ years’ experience in GIS systems, specifically related to design, maintenance and manipulation of features, services and databases.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Online Applications, Survey 123 and Collector.
- Experience in the creation of GIS data, data management, and QA/QC.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong skills of problem solving, time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
Preferred but not required experience:
- Experience in Electric Utility industry or Distribution and Transmission systems with exposure to NISC, ArcFM, Futura or AeGIS systems.
- A competitive compensation package will be offered based on your industry work experience and knowledge.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent with $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to a Health Savings Account
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered
- Paid Holidays
- Starting at 3 weeks PTO with rollover
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus based on Performance