Schneider Engineering is seeking an analytical, self-starter with proven success in design and project coordination for electrical substations. This position entails detail engineering and design of substation projects from conceptual design through construction from 4kV to 345kV. The successful candidate will design, schedule resources, and lead technical efforts for electrical substation projects.
The position is located at our Boerne office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
- Project management from start to finish including scoping to final design and implementation, for substation projects including SCADA, station physical layouts, selections/elevations, cable and ground conduit plans, ground grid design, foundation plans, structural plans, control enclosure, lighting protection and yard lighting plans.
- Interpret codes and standards associated with project and ensure codes and standards are adhered to.
- Assists with proposal(s) developed for the Client; present proposal to Client when required.
- Quality control ensuring all documents, drawings or other associated items prepared by team are accurate and delivered on-time.
- Develop timeline, coordinate, and assign tasks to engineers, construction or administrative staff and manage timeline until project completion.
- Attend project meetings and provide updates to Management.
- Develop bill of materials based on design criteria.
- Accountable for the resolution of technical engineering conflicts that affect cost, schedule quality or customer satisfaction.
- Maintain good project documentation, including calculations, telephone conversations, design decisions, rationale and filing copies of all pertinent information.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with key Client personnel with whom project work is interfaced with.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: Masters Degree in Engineering; 3-5 years’ experience in electrical engineering for electric substations up to 230kV.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical); 0-3 years’ experience in physical design for electric substations up to 230kV; possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in project management, spreadsheet and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
- This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent.
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%.
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered.
- Paid Holidays.
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover.
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account.
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.