Role with the Company:
Reports to the Controller. Responsible for planning and execution of all aspects of the HR program including payroll processing, benefits administration, recruiting, onboarding of new employees, training, leading employee performance review effort, and ensuring compliance with all labor laws and rules.
- Process payroll in-house biweekly through ERP Deltek Vision.
- Timely distribution of W-2s in January in advance of the deadline.
- Manage comprehensive set of employee benefits and annual bonuses.
- Maintain accurate withholding, timely payments to benefit partners
- Manage relationships with benefit partners.
- Ensure compliance with benefits administration for departing employees.
Recruiting and Hiring
- Administer the Culture Index screening survey program: lead the process for development of live job trait descriptions for use in prescreening candidates to match required traits for the position.
- Maintain and/or develop comprehensive job responsibilities and position descriptions for use in recruiting.
- Leverage recruiting resources to assist in filling both technical and administrative positions as needed.
- Conduct initial phone screening of candidates to assist in filtering applicant pool to identify viable prospects.
- Administer background checks and drug testing requirements for potential recruits.
- Prepare and deliver job offer packages to potential employees in partnership with hiring leads.
- Develop and coordinate college recruiting programs including job fair participation.
- Develop and lead outreach programs at area high schools.
Employee Onboarding and Training
- Lead the employee onboarding process including reviewing and revising existing format and content and developing process enhancements to ensure warm welcome, introduction to the culture, and laying foundation for success with the utmost attention to detail.
- Propose, plan and administer training programs for employees for administrative functions including timesheet and expense report preparation.
Administer and lead supervisors and managers through preparation of performance reviews and development.
Maintain the compensation plan to include maintaining current market pay conditions and leading the communication and administration of the plan through annual compensation adjustments.
Compliance with Labor Laws and Regulations
Ensure compliance with labor laws and practices directly related to employment and health care laws. Stay current through Company sponsored training, outside counsel labor attorney, and respective vendor partners.
Plan and execute both recurring and special employee engagement and external events throughout the year including trade shows, Engineers Week, activities at universities, Employee Appreciation Day, Pi Day, and others.
Maintain the employee handbook and lead the annual review with potential for updates as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional HR industry certification preferred
- 7+ years of experience in full cycle Human Resources
- Experience working in a single-person HR department in small to midsize companies required
- HR Business Partner approach to department head support, employee relations, coaching, and conflict resolution
- Solid payroll processing experience
- Thorough knowledge of employment law and regulatory reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail as well as analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise discretion with highly confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated with all levels of Associates