Schneider Engineering, LLC is actively seeking a Manager of Operations to provide strategic oversite and tactical leadership to a growing team of engineers, technicians, and analysts focused in the medium and high voltage energy services and electric infrastructure space.
Schneider Engineering, LLC (SE) is an engineering and consulting services firm with primary focus in the electric utility and energy markets. We provide engineering and consulting support to cooperative, municipal, and investor-owned utilities as well as large industrial power consumers, and natural gas and renewable power generation developers.
We are headquartered in Boerne, Texas northwest of San Antonio, have an office in College Station, and primarily serve Clients across all regions of the State of Texas.
Our engineers are focused on providing reliable power solutions to electric utilities in system planning and protection, infrastructure engineering with focus in generation, transmission, substation, medium voltage overhead and underground design, renewables, and SCADA and microgrid projects. We provide construction inspection and oversight services in support of our engineered projects. We also offer a niche EPC solution to our Clients partnering with experienced contractors to safely deliver turnkey engineering and construction projects where schedule is critical to infrastructure development, quality reliable power is essential to operations, and expertise in construction oversight is paramount.
Our consulting division is focused on energy, utility technology, financial services, and regulatory solutions to our Clients in the utility and renewable space. We deliver tactical and strategic consulting to our Clients for wholesale power portfolio development including renewable energy and renewable project development, market insight into emerging technologies facing the energy and utility industry, and regulatory services designed to support our Clients in compliance efforts with the myriad of regulations in our industry.
The Operations Manager role has an internal focus on project delivery and resource management. This person is responsible for connecting project management and engineering production together for successful project delivery. The Operations Manager will be responsible for scheduling and prioritizing company resources, assessing staffing needs, recruiting, and assigning new staff to discipline teams and ensuring meeting core competency and training objectives.
From a project delivery perspective, the Operations Manager is responsible for connecting project management to project production for efficient assignment of teams and resources. The Operations Manager is a key element of process development and process improvement to ensure that our project development is repeatable, scalable, and meets the best practices for quality delivery as set out by the Principal Engineer(s).
The ideal candidate possesses a strong background in leading engineering design, project management and consulting industry operations. This position will report to a visionary CEO, and team with talented consultants and engineering leadership to optimize staffing levels based on backlog and pipeline, and lead a team to provide high quality deliverables and exceptional service to our growing Client base.
Additionally, this position is responsible for the administrative oversight of the safety and fleet asset program.
- Formulating and implementing a strategic plan to guide the Project Manager Lead and Production Manager in the areas of innovation, people development, quality control, and business development. A Vision Traction Organizer will be used to document and communicate this plan.
- Identify and track key performance indicators for the operations group.
- Building, training, and retaining an exceptional team of operations personnel.
- Application of Culture Index to recruiting and training.
- Maintaining gross margin targets set forth by the CEO, developing staff ratio goals to support this
- Resolving resource allocation and project schedule conflicts
Responsible to the CEO for the following:
- Backlog/Bench capacity
- Staffing ratios
- Project administrative scheduling and execution
- Resolution of scheduling conflicts
- Application of Culture Index to recruiting and training
- Connection of project management standards to project production
- Maintaining gross margin targets
- Implementing quality control processes
- Evaluating Implementing technology to design processes
- Fleet Status
- Safety ratios and reporting
- Collaborates with the executive leadership team to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on processes.
- Collaborates with administrative managers, leads, and supervisors to develop APR goals for engineering and technical staff.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends related to the organization’s industry.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering, consulting, development policies, practices, processes, standards, and quality assurance measures to ensure effective and consistent products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication capacity, both verbal and written, and the ability to influence others.
- Agility in leadership style and flexibility of approach with the ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- BS/BA in Engineering, or Business Management preferred. MBA coupled with an engineering degree a plus.
- 10+ years in applicable engineering and leadership experience within the medium and high voltage industry, or proven track record in consulting engineering management.
- Strategic Planning and budgeting experience
- Experience building, mentoring, and scaling teams and systems
- Personable, self-starter with the ability to build successful relationships internally with our Company teams.
- Demonstrated experience setting, monitoring, and meeting quarterly and annual goals
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Base salary commensurate with experience with variable compensation for meeting and exceeding targets.
- Company provided health insurance. Voluntary dental and vision
- 401K with generous company match
- Short and long term disability.
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Boerne, Texas.