Seeking analytical, self-starter with proven success in protection and controls electrical engineering. This position designs, develops, implements, and coordinates Protection & Controls projects for the Substation division. The successful candidate will have 5 or more years of successful experience in Electrical Engineering in substation protections and controls for the power industry.
The position is located at our Boerne office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
- Develop substation relaying & metering diagrams (i.e. A.C. schematic diagrams), and D.C. Schematic diagrams.
- Prepare specification & Bill of Material for Protection/Control/Metering/RTU/ Communication Panels
- Develop the Schematic Diagram for SCADA and Communications interfaces including RTUs, HMIs, and IEDs.
- Develop protection and control panel layouts, wiring diagrams, and cable schedules.
- Ensure the engineering deliverables meet the schedule and scope requirements of the contract and communicate with the project manager any risks in the engineering design project.
- Capacity to serve as the customer’s point of contact to manage all technical topics, including technical construction and procurement topics.
- Awareness of Electrical Codes & Standards; IEC, NEC, IEEE, UL for electrical components.
- Review vendor documentation, as necessary.
- Practical site exposure on Erection and Commissioning of all electrical installation works will be added advantage.
- Conducting arc-flash hazard calculations to determine arc-flash boundaries and required PPE; provide recommendations to reduce incident energy levels
- Provide specialized technical input to studies and design for staff’s specific area of expertise, technical expertise for studies and design efforts and presents complex technical solutions to clients.
- Perform quality control reviews of work developed by other team members.
- Participate in development of technical proposals, providing estimates for the engineering budget
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate (verbal, writing) in English language with global stakeholders
- Maintain & continuously adopt new technical skills and knowledge, with the evolving product lifecycle and subsequent requirements.
- Work independently as necessary, as well as accomplish common objectives in a team setting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: Masters Degree in Engineering; PE Certification; 8 years’ experience in Protections & Controls for the Energy industry.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program; PE Certification; Possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; 8 years’ experience in Protections & Controls for the Energy industry.
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in project management, spreadsheet and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
- This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent.
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%.
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered.
- Paid Holidays.
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover.
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account.
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.