Schneider Engineering is seeking a analytical, self-starter with proven success in design and project coordination. This position designs, implements and coordinates Substation projects for SCADA and Communications. The successful candidate will perform technical design efforts for all SCADA, Metering, and Communications projects. Includes day to day, monthly and long-term tactical planning.
The position is located at our Boerne office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with Clients, as necessary, to discuss scope of work, design parameters and schedule requirements.
- Assist in setting project budget by constructing budget on task level with resource assignments, monitor and administer budgets with engineering staff, review budgets weekly with team and present action plans to supervisor beginning at 75% of job budget level for project completion.
- Coordinate testing and commissioning activities on projects including scheduled site visits, owner furnished equipment deliveries, contractor material submittals, acceptance testing, final walk through and contractor project close out.
- Assist in the performance of engineering tasks as required on relay and control design, SCADA design, relay protection projects and substation engineering projects.
- Lead technical efforts for all SCADA and Communications projects including design, drawings, databases, integration, procurement, scheduling and project cost controls.
- Assist Clients with implementation of new SCADA systems, including procurement of hardware and software, integration with existing equipment and communications systems, design of interface screens and training of Client personnel.
- Make site visits, as necessary, to troubleshoot SCADA integration and Communications problems. Assist Client with locating the source of problems and help to implement solutions.
- Prepare engineering material sand construction cost estimates for Substation and EPC projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science; 3-5 years’ experience in project design and coordination for electric utilities.
- Required: Associates Degree in electrical or electronics technology; minimum of 5 years’ design or construction experience in electrical power projects; possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in project management, spreadsheet and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
- This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent.
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%.
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered.
- Paid Holidays.
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover.
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account.
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.