Seeking experienced Sr. Engineer in Transmission & Distribution for Electrical Power Systems projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Sr. T&D Engineer consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Represent Schneider and Client when meeting with other stakeholders including property owners, other engineering firms or construction services.
- Ensure adherence to Client standards to develop detailed scope and engineering plans for projects. Prepare scope of work and budget to be presented to Management.
- Prepare accurate proposal(s) for the Client, in a timely manner; ensure pricing is accurate and maintain established margins, reviewing any risks with Division Manager; present proposal to Client when required
- Lead team in project management from start to finish including preparation of drawings, visual aids, staking sheets, line calculations, engineering studies, permit applications, material testing, CADD work, research, and investigation, reviewing, and editing specifications with team members and assist in scheduling and budgeting requirements for projects. Review, approve and place seal on such documents for team. Prepare project close out documents.
- Interpret codes and standards associated with project and ensure codes and standards are adhered to
- Quality control of entire project, ensuring all documents, drawings or other associated items prepared by team are accurate and delivered on-time
- Develop timeline, coordinate, and assign tasks to staff and manage timeline until project completion while staying ahead and communicating any delays that are foreseeable to mitigate risks
- Develop standards and guidelines for division.
- Conduct field surveys, as needed, to provide data for design projects and perform inspections of construction to ensure conformance with drawings and specifications.
- Create, administer, and document quarterly training for Engineers I, II, III on relevant and approved topics based on open work projects requirements. Provide documentation to HR for training records.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- Serves as technical specialist for the division on advanced concepts, principles, and methods.
- Keeps informed on new developments within the industry, requirements affecting the business due to new developments and proposes recommended changes to Management for business continuity
- Accountable for the resolution of technical engineering conflicts that arise from assigned team
- Maintain good project documentation, including calculations, telephone conversations, design decisions, rationale and filing copies of all pertinent information.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with key Client personnel with whom project work is interfaced with.
- Mentor and/or train other staff members to transfer personal knowledge to others
- Preferred: Masters Degree in Engineering; PE Certification; 15 years’ experience in engineering management and/or project management in Energy industry
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program; PE Certification; Possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; 15 years’ experience in Energy and Distribution project management
- SKILLS: Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in engineering programs, project management, spreadsheet and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking
Employee Benefits Package:
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered
- Paid Holidays
- Starting at 3 weeks PTO with rollover
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus based on Performance
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boerne, TX 78006: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- One location