Schneider Engineering is seeking a detail-oriented, creative designer with experience drafting and developing designs for high voltage substations. This position entails detail design of substation projects from 4kV to 345kV.
The position is located at our Boerne office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
- Computer-aided design and drafting of all engineering products and deliverables.
- Collaborate with engineers and other drafters to correct discrepancies in drawings and designs.
- Typical drafting is that of plan and profile drawings for:
o General Arrangements
o Plan Views and Elevation Views
o Grounding Plans and Details
o Foundation Plans and Details
o Cable Trough/Conduit Plans and Details
o Foundation Layout Plans
o Importation of tables and calculations such as BOMs and creating notes to be applied to each drawing
o Steel Structure Fabrication Drawings
o Concrete Foundation Detail Drawings
o Oil Containment Detail Drawings
o Metal Grate Platforms Detail Drawings
o Fire Wall Detail Drawings
- Self-checks all work performed to ensure its accuracy before turning it over to the supervisor or designee assigned to review the work.
- Understand & meet project schedule and quality requirements.
- Complete drawings accurately and efficiently.
- Detailed and quality-oriented.
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and maintain flexibility to changes in work assignments as changes occur in projects.
- Actively assist in the delivery of a complete project. This may include phone or e-mail correspondence, attending meetings, and other project documents required for project completion.
- Provide interdepartmental support as required.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Graphic Design or a related science; 3-5 years’ experience with AutoCAD for civil, electrical, or protection and controls drawings for high voltage substation projects.
- Required: Associates Degree in Drafting; 3-5 years’ experience AutoCAD for civil or physical electrical drawings for high voltage substation projects; possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills, with emphasis in project management, spreadsheet and word processing applications. Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking.
- This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- 100% Employer paid health insurance and 50% for first dependent.
- 200% 401(k) match up to 4.5%.
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
- Dental, Vision, Life and Supplemental offered.
- Paid Holidays.
- Starting at 3 week PTO with rollover.
- $1,000 Annual Employer Contribution to Health Savings Account.
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus based on Performance.