Schneider Engineering, LLC is actively seeking a Vice President of Business Development to partner with Company Executives to lead and grow our firm through proactive business development strategies in the utility infrastructure and energy services space.
Schneider Engineering, LLC (SE) is an engineering and consulting services firm with primary focus in the electric utility and energy markets. We provide engineering and consulting support to cooperative, municipal, and investor-owned utilities as well as large industrial power consumers, and natural gas and renewable power generation developers.
We are headquartered in Boerne, Texas northwest of San Antonio, have an office in College Station, and primarily serve Clients across all regions of the State of Texas.
Our engineers are focused on providing reliable power solutions to electric utilities in system planning and protection, infrastructure engineering with focus in generation, transmission, substation, medium voltage overhead and underground design, renewables, and SCADA and microgrid projects. We provide construction inspection and oversight services in support of our engineered projects. We also offer a niche EPC solution to our Clients partnering with experienced contractors to safely deliver turnkey engineering and construction projects where schedule is critical to infrastructure development, quality reliable power is essential to operations, and expertise in construction oversight is paramount.
Our consulting division is focused on energy, utility technology, financial services, and regulatory solutions to our Clients in the utility and renewable space. We deliver tactical and strategic consulting to our Clients for wholesale power portfolio development including renewable energy and renewable project development, market insight into emerging technologies facing the energy and utility industry, and regulatory services designed to support our Clients in compliance efforts with the myriad of regulations in our industry.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong background with demonstrated experience in sales and business development in a B2B professional services consulting group setting. This position will report and partner with a visionary CEO, and talented executive leadership to develop and execute a comprehensive CRM based business development program, build, and lead a team of business development representatives, train and support the Company Principals as market BD leaders to accelerate our growth and market penetration in our utility business, and develop new emerging opportunities in our exciting industry.
- Build and enhance our strategies and key relationships to grow our electric utility niche services in the State of Texas and surrounding region.
- Develop and execute a market strategy to position and grow our renewable engineering business.
- Develop and execute a strategy to grow our OSP telecommunications engineering support as a natural complement to our existing OSP power business.
- Assist in the development of our energy services consulting market to leverage our market expertise.
- Develop and execute a strategy to grow our EPC niche services.
- Manage end to end sales processes from initial Client engagement to proposal responses and helping close contracts
- Support, train, and engage existing Principal staff for business development opportunities to leverage their industry expertise to accomplish business development objectives.
- Develop cross selling strategies to enhance and package our solutions offering to the industry.
- Recruit and manage business development representatives to accomplish our objectives locally, and regionally.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Marketing, or Business Management preferred. MBA coupled with an engineering degree a plus.
- 10+ years in Business Development for a B2B engineering or consulting services firm. Electric utility sector experience preferred. Renewable and/or broadband service sector a plus.
- Track record of program development success in Business Development demonstrated by meeting and exceeding targets.
- Creative problem solver with ability to package and leverage niche expertise into attractive solutions for our Clients.
- Personable, self-starter with the ability to build successful relationships internally with our Company and externally with existing and potential Client base.
- Base salary with variable compensation for meeting and exceeding targets for growth.
- Company provided health insurance. Voluntary dental and vision.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Preferred at Boerne or College Station offices. Open to remote or new office location if provides a strategic advantage.